Many of our members are actively engaged in public policy influencing activities! Examples of these activities include (but are not limited to):
- Planning and/or attending AAUW’s live or virtual public policy meetings, events or forums.
- Signing petitions.
- Sending texts, emails or letters to local, state or national legislators or other elected officials.
- Telephoning legislators or other elected officials.
- Talking with legislators or other elected officials (or their staff members) in person.
- Attending meetings – of a township council, a zoning commission, a school board etc.
- Serving on a committee, advisory board or task force that influences public policy.
- Attending a rally or demonstration about a social, health, political, or economic issue
- Participating in activities or events to register voters and get out the vote.
- Supporting and working on a political campaign.
- Training for and working at a community polling place.
- Driving citizens to polling places.
- Casting your own ballot in an election.
- Other activities that shape public policy in our community, state, nation or world.
Your work makes a difference! Therefore, AAUW, North Hills Branch, AAUW PA and AAUW National believe it is important to document it. To help us do so.